Junior Supply Chain Manager - Full Time - Nationwide
Are you looking for your next step?
Our Regional Supply Chain Departments are looking for a proactive and self-motivated Junior Manager to join their growing team. We want to make sure you have all the training you need so we’ll start by sending you on an intensive structured 6-12 month training programme where you will experience our Regional Distribution Centres, our stores and Head Office. For the training you could be based at any one of our 12 sites in the UK so you would need to be fully flexible on location.
Please note that our Regional Distribution centres are based in Enfield, Belvedere, Northfleet, Southampton, Weston-Super-Mare, Exeter, Bridgend, Lutterworth, Wednesbury, Runcorn, Newton Aycliffe and Livingston.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic person who is highly organised with a pragmatic approach to manage a team that is a vital link in the Lidl supply chain. We are offering excellent long term career prospects with the opportunity to become a future leader in this field.
What will you do?
- Spend time in our regional offices familiarising yourself with our network of over 700 stores and supporting infrastructure, as well as training in our Head Office, with the flexibility to go where you are needed most
- Discover abilities in yourself that can only be learned by practical experience in an inspiring environment
- Involvement in all 4 key areas of Supply Chain: stock management; write off management, promotional control, availability management and stock holding management
- Seasonal and promotional business planning
- Ensuring a full and fresh supply of goods to stores at all times while avoiding missing items or excess stockholding
- Extensive weekly / seasonal promotional planning awareness and the management of seasonal business planning both before and after the seasonal period
- Timely volume-based planning of all listed assortments of products
- Calculating promotional volumes in line with Head of Supply Chain and Regional Director
- Managing, reporting and rectifying aspects regarding date issues, write offs & write downs
- Monitoring supplier performance stockholding / promotions and turnover
- Implementing and organising central price changes/date changes for products
- Providing structured staff training, monitoring staff performance with emphasis on staff motivation and team morale
What will you need?
- Flexibility to go where you are needed most
- Degree educated in any discipline but preferably in either business, engineering or an analytical based degree.
- Numerate and skilled in analysis (intermediate Excel skills)
- Be experienced in a management position and a strong communicator
- Be results driven and adapt well to change
- Be meticulous and diligent with tireless attention to detail
- Be analytically minded, solutions focussed and have a genuine like for working with figures and be a natural problem solver
- A strong motivational leader with the skills to develop and retain a positive working environment
- Be a strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Target driven with a good attitude and track record in achieving results
- Full Driving licence
What do we offer?
- £40,000 per annum
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
- Once you have applied you will receive more information around the position and Lidl and the next step will be online testing, this will take no longer than 40 minutes to complete. The tests measure the ability to draw logical conclusions from complex information that is presented, as well as measuring the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Once you have completed the tests, you will be notified of an outcome and if successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview which will explore your motivations and experience in more detail.
- If successful after the telephone interview, you will be invited to attend an assessment day in Wednesbury on May 9th
- Please note the start date for this position will be in July 2018
We wish you the best of luck with your application!