An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a well-known and highly respected global manufacturing organisation in Sheffield. As the Buyer on this site in Sheffield you will have the chance to autonomously manage direct material spend into the plant and further develop new and existing supplier relationships.
I'm currently working alongside an automotive manufacturer who specialise in supplying quality products to a number of OEM's globally. Due to an internal restructure they are now looking for a skilled Buyer to strengthen their purchasing team. As they work within a highly regulated industry they would ideally like someone who has worked in a similar environment within a structured purchasing department.
Joining the Sheffield site as the Buyer you will be responsible for the following.
- Ensuring that the Sheffield site is supplied with all raw materials relevant to the scheduling plan
- Carrying out price and condition negotiations for all suppliers assigned within the context of the Supplier Management Assignment
- Initiating and advancing cost-reduction projects within purchasing
- Contribute to the definition and execution of the businesses purchasing strategy
- Providing support for the selection, approval and development of new suppliers for the site
- Support for UK Purchasing Group Initiatives
- Sourcing and negotiation of investment items in line with group guidelines
- Assisting with budget and forecast planning for all procurement volume
- Project management for savings projects.
The successful candidate for this Buyer position will ideally have some of the following key skills and qualities.
- Ability to communicate confidently and present ideas, data, concepts in a coherent manner
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent; Business Studies, Economics, Supply Chain (desirable)
- Previous experience within a relevant industry i.e. Automotive, Aerospace or Rail (desirable)
- Proven experience of Purchasing, Category Management, Procurement
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment (desirable)
- Strong in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set & meet personal targets, combined with theflexibility to adjust to workload priorities
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, maintain confidentiality, and produce/process documents accurately
- Strong written and numerical skills
- Advanced system knowledge of SAP (desirable)
- CIPS qualified or currently studying towards (desirable)
£30,000 - £35,000
30 holidays + 8 bank holidays