Location: Corby, UK
Salary: £50- 70K
Advert posting date: 28th of February 2018
Advert closing date: 28th of March 2018
Java / J2EE Senior developers and Java /J2EE Architects with extensive knowledge of Hibernate Spring, Tomcat, JBoss or similar looking for a new challenge are required to develop and enhance an award winning global eCommerce platform, through a wide variety of Digital, technical and infrastructure projects. You will also have the opportunity to work on exciting cutting edge projects involving ElasticSearch, API Development, Docker, MicroServices/SOA.
As a Java / J2EE Senior developer or Java /J2EE Architect you will be making a significant impact on the development process. Driving best practices and modern engineering principles like SOLID. You will be experienced in designing scalable Java/ J2EE enterprise web applications and provide technical leadership to development teams responsible for designing, building and testing features on existing platforms as well as developing new services,
This is an exciting opportunity for motivated and innovative Java /J2EE Architects and Java/ J2EE Senior Developers to join the no.1 high-service distributor for engineers across Europe and Asia Pacific at our newly refurbished, Agile friendly offices.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Degree Qualified and be an Oracle Certified Professional or Sun Certified Professional eg Oracle Certified Professiona OCP, OCPD etc
- You will have good knowledge of Spring Spring Boot, BDD,
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Demonstrable experience of designing high-performance, resilient, large-scale, distributed systems.
- Extensive experience of the full software development life-cycle at an enterprise level.
- Significant hands-on enterprise Java development experience.
- Must be able to organise own workload, communicate effectively at all levels, motivate others and work hard to ensure commitments are met.
- Proactive approach, coupled with a desire to continuously improve architecture and processes, balanced with the pragmatism required to effect change within a large organisation.
- Familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD), BDD, ATDD, JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber.
- Cloud experience (AWS / Amazon Web Services / Azure)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo/Hudson, Maven, Travis)
- DDD (Domain Driven Design / Domain-Driven Design)
- Micro services (microservices / micro-services) knowledge, even if not commercial
- CQRS- Command Query Responsibility Segregation/ Event-sourcing / Event Sourcing
Electrocomponents trading through its brands RS Components and Allied electronics is a British-based distributor of electronics, automation and control components, engineering tools and consumables. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn. Following a change of several key members of the executive leadership team in 2015, including the appointment of Alexander von Schirmeister, Chief Innovation Officer who joined from eBay, the business has been reinvigorated and there is a renewed appetite for growth and innovation. The new leadership team has developed an ambitious strategic vision that centres on driving a best-in-class customer and supplier experience, enhancing the organisation's digital capabilities and focusing online user experience to increase the pace of change and provide a profitable base for future growth. The company recently celebrated achieving £1 billion of annual digital revenues.
Technical Team Video: https://youtu.be/e4XiZXIhW_A
How to Apply
To apply please upload your CV and follow the instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80261779