As a Senior Developer working for a large manufacturing and production company, you will be involved in a new propject which is being currently carried out to re-design processes, platforms and software from the ground up. You will be involved in upcoming projects ranging from a new generation of responsive websites to a re-design of all databases.
This Leicester based, manufacturing and production client has a proven track record of top 5 best companies to work for in the last 6 years. Over the last year the department has been modernised by the IT Director. This has led to:
- Brand new virtualised infrastructure to replace all existing development servers.
- A brand new state-of-the-art office.
- Brand new laptops for all development team members.
- New tools to manage our processes (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Application Insights, Power BI, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy).
- A 10x increase in our training budget.
- A new embracing approach to new technologies.
The successful Senior Developer will:
- Code, test, debug and document software according to the business requirements.
- Develop, maintain and assist with support of existing in-house systems.
- Liaise with the Sytner IT Helpdesk and aid the application support analyst with investigating and resolving issues.
- Provide reporting and analysis as required.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments and ensure existing systems are kept up to date with latest development frameworks and server technologies.
- Ideal candidates should demonstrate a strong track record in developing solutions solely and within a team environment.
Things that are also being currently embraced within this manufacturing and production company:
- ASP.Net Core 2.0
- Single Page Applications
- Web API
- Mobile App Development
- Automated UI testing
- Automated Builds and Unit Testing
- Micro Service Oriented Architecture
- Domain Driven Development
The successful Senior Developer who will be based in Leicester will have skills and experience in:
- C# ASP.Net MVC (4+/Core).
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, performance tuning).
- Entity Framework (or similar ORM).
- JQuery, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Source control and work item management software.
- WCF or Web Services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
The salary that is on offer for the successful candidate, based in Leicester is between £40,000 to £45,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80266129