SQL Server DBA/Administrator
SSRS, SQL 2016, DBA/Developer, ETL
Leading City based insurance business urgently requires a SQL DBA/Developer to undertake the following role on a permanent basis.
- Maintenance of the European DW ETL jobs – using SSIS
- Responsible for installation, service delivery and administration of relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Performs configuration, integration, maintenance, performance management, security management, failure analysis and recovery, and user support of the PROD, UAT, and DEV/INT database environments.
- Provide front-line database administration and support for client facing applications.
- Participates in development, maintains, evaluates and documents administration of systems tools and related strategies.
- Communicate with application owners through formal correspondence.
- Backup/recovery/DR strategy, planning, and execution.
- Capacity planning and prediction.
- Ensure compliance with all technical specifications and uphold architectural standards.
- Responsible for problem escalation to Microsoft Support and third parties as necessary.
- Work closely with customer and project team on database design and construction of customer databases.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems including non-functional problems such as performance issues by identifying workarounds, and driving resolution / "owning" the problem.
- Support Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting requirements and monitor Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance. Report regularly on overall performance levels and identify trends.
- Provide off-hours on-call support and scheduled maintenance activities
- Implementing and managing High Availability and Replication technologies.
- Install application upgrades as 2nd Level support for Release Management.
- Occasional travel by car and air to WRBC sites and off-site training may be required
- And above all:
- A 'user first' attitude
- Do what you say you will do
- A focus on quality
- 5+ years of experience administering specifically Microsoft SQL Server, including SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 & 2016
- SSIS is a fundamental aspect of the role so experience of this is a must
- 2+ years of experience with another RDBMS (required)
- Experience managing large 500GB+ databases (required)
- Experience of implementing Business Intelligence solutions (required)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete work within allocated time-frames
- Self-starter with good ability to work in a team environment
- Business knowledge of Insurance
- Strong query tuning and performance problem solving skills (preferred)
- Competent in Unix shell scripting
- Administration support in a multi-customer SOA-based environment with competing demands for your time (preferred)
- Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
- BA/BSc in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX operating systems
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960242287