Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Do you want to work in a dedicated small team leveraging the latest technologies to deliver a world class Brand Management platform?
Do you want to work in a team environment where you can share great ideas with your colleagues and then work together to design, build, test and deploy game changing features to a world leading system?
Do you want to develop tools that are used by some of the biggest brands in the world?
Do you have experience building real products for the web and can present examples of your work?
About my client
Two years ago they made a fundamental business decision to shift business strategy, which is delivering real growth. Their position in the market as a niche player is changing into that of a market leader with a growing reputation as an innovator. They are focusing on out-manoeuvring much larger competition by using the latest technology to steal a march on the market and position themselves at the forefront of brand management software vendors.
Growth, client expectations and demands, legacy code and the latest technology can be challenging to manage. So they want everyone to come to the office to work with friends, team players with can-do attitudes, and the latest technologies. They have a desire to push things forward with skill, intelligence and expertise to deliver an ever-evolving, highly scalable web app that is used by the biggest brands in the world.
Want to join?
Working with other back and front-end developers, you will bridge the gap between design and technical implementation. You will use a wide variety of technologies to build modern, interactive and effective web applications and APIs. The platform is utilises Linux/Apache/SQL Server/Java as well as Windows/IIS/SQL Server/ColdFusion.
- Design, implement, and maintain web application and infrastructure components
- Code highly efficient and scalable software and APIs
- Refactor and improve maintainability of the codebase
- Fix bugs fast in unfamiliar code
- Solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems
- Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries as you work
- Advanced working knowledge of server-side programming, using Java, Spring and Hibernate.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with both object-oriented and service-oriented programming paradigms.
- Advanced working knowledge of database theory and familiarity with SQL Server.
- Experience and working knowledge of web server management, hosting environments and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Working knowledge in both UI and server side design patterns.
- Knowledge of MVC architectures.
- Familiarity with usability, accessibility, version control and security methods.
- Experience in carrying out documented application testing and using frameworks such as jUnit.
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitHub and BitBucket.
- Comfortable working in Linux- and Unix-like operating systems, MacOS X and Windows Server environments.
- Familiar with build tools such as Gradle.
- Experience building large-scale web applications and infrastructure (preferablly CMS and DAM system development).
- Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Advance knowledge of Web Server technologies such as J2EE, Apache, Nginx, and IIS.
- Advance experience with database creation, integration, and management.
- Experience with security settings and hack prevents.
- Experience with continuous integration and tools such as Jenkins.
- At least 8 years commercial experience of programming and web development.
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong awareness of latest digital technology trends.
- Strong reputation for creativity, flexibility, versatility and problem solving.
- Creativity and ability to learn and solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated engineer who can take the initiative and work effectively both independently and as part of a team of engineers.
- Be capable of presenting work to clients and attending client meetings as the technical representative for the agency.
- Proven experience of working in agile development environments under tight deadlines.
Location: London (nearest tube/train Highbury and Islington)
Package: £55,000 - £70,000 salary plus pension, bonus and potential of share options.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960246863