VAT Senior Manager
I am currently working alongside a leading accountancy practice based in Reading looking for a VAT Specialist for a Senior Manager position. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years working within Indirect Tax / VAT and will hold either the ACA or CTA qualification.
My client are a very well know brand. They are a leading practice both across the South as well as Nationwide. The indirect Tax team is very successful and as such the successful VAT Senior Manager will have significant responsibility.
There will be a mix of project work, team management and business development associated with this role.
Project work will include:
- Being a major point of contact within the firm for clients in close connection with Partners.
- Managing a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections.
- Ensure assignments are being completed within agreed budgets, communicating with teams around staff assignments and overruns.
- Ensure quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Identify risk and technical matters as well as selling opportunities.
- Review and deliver final advice to clients pre sign off from Partners.
Management responsibilities will include:
- Provide overall support to Partners on client matters and assist partners in management of the group.
- Work as part of the management team with other Tax managers to support the rest of the Tax team.
- Actively participate in the the management of the group through Partner / Manager meetings.
- Train junior members of the team both on the job and through monitoring exam performance.
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff.
Business Development responsibilities will include:
- Recognising and progressing sales opportunities with assistance of the Partner.
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work.
- Take advantage of PR/ Marketing opportunities.
- Develop own network of contacts and start winning own business.
The successful VAT Senior Manager will be:
- CTA and / or ACA Qualified
- Have adept knowledge of indirect tax and ability to deal with complex Tax issues.
- Able to demonstrate their significant experience.
- An adept project manager
- An entrepreneurial mind who can identify opportunity
On offer is a very competitive salary and overall package commensurate with this level of role.
If this role sounds of interest, please get in touch with Jack Hughes directly to discuss on 02380 206 441 to talk through this and similar opportunities in more depth.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80248710