AV Technician (Events)
AV Technician (Events)
Location: Based in West London with daily field installations throughout London and UK, plus occasional EU travel.
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
Hours of work: Due to the nature of the events industry, you must be willing to work flexible and unsocial hours, often with long days and tight deadlines. In return there will be plenty of quieter periods with lots of flexibility for a happy work-life balance.
About the company:
TouchscreenRentals is an exciting young company that likes to do things differently. We specialise in touchscreeen rental and software projects across the UK and Europe. We provide stunning hardware+software solutions for events and exhibitions, marketing campaigns, brand engagement, promotions, data capture and surveys.
Our team is small, dedicated and specialist. We're obsessed with providing the very best customer service and building a reputation for innovation and quality. Our customers are everything; we come to work wanting to make their projects a success. When things aren't working perfectly we get up early and go to bed late, using every minute to get things right. When we do get them right (and we always do!), we live off the buzz of a happy customer, celebrate and, if necessary, sleep it off!
About the AV Technician (Events) role:
When a touchscreen rental is booked it will be your primary responsibility to;
- Test and prepare touchscreens with the required software, following the Account Managers' instructions
- Deliver and install onsite at the end of the required time, throughout the UK and sometimes in Europe
- Provide technical support and advice throughout the rental
- Collect at the end of the rental period.
It will also be your responsibility to;
- Manage stock records and logistical diaries
- Manage, maintain and quality assure all stock
- Manage and maintain the warehouse
- Support our software team with testing and quality assurance
- Learn and support 3rd party software systems
- General support for the team and admin.
Experience required to become an AV Technician (Events) with us:
- 1 year's experience of a field-based role OR experience working in the events industry (ideally exhibitions and conferences)
- Amazing customer service skills with impeccable communication
- Keen interest in technology and general aptitude with computers
- Passionate about making things look fantastic and work slickly - you should love to make people say WOW
- Quick to learn new technologies and think outside the box to meet client requirements
- Initiative and motivation to work on your own, as well as being a team player that never lets colleagues or customers down
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Full EU driving licence, 2 years +
- Willing and able to drive a large van
- Comfortable with heavy lifting of large screens, stands and other equipment
- Fluent English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of Windows 8.1/10 operating systems
- Good knowledge of modern browsers, including Google Chrome
- Working knowledge of network management and settings
- Experience of installing and maintaining 3rd party software
- Experience of working with touchscreens, self-service kiosks/PCs
- Experience of working with touch technology.
If you feel like you are suitable for this AV Technician (Events) role then please apply today with your CV and Covering Letter!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960240693