Accountant - Product Controller
Accountant/Product Controller / 6 Months FTC / Chester
The Role includes:
- Completion of core BAU daily tasks including P&L explain and FOBO reconciliation
- Taking responsibility for and improving a range of PL control and explain functions plus additional ad hoc projects and queries as they arise
- Being a direct point of contact for the Equity Execution Services trading desks and maintain close contact with senior management, across both AMRS and EMEA Business Units
- Participation in month end P&L and balance sheet close
- University Degree & strong academics
- Accounting knowledge - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent / working experience of the fundamentals of accounting principles
- Product Knowledge - candidate to have strong working experience of financial products preferably Equities and Equity Derivatives and the P&L Explain process.
- Excel/VBA/Access – part of the role will include process improvement across the group
- Communication - will require regular communication with the trading desk, senior management and other stakeholders within the bank.
- People management – some exposure to management would be beneficial but not essential
Nice to have
- Change management - previous exposure to Change management would be beneficial but not essential
- Execution - assumes ownership of problems and drives towards their resolution.
- Collaboration - communicates and partners well with others to accomplish goals, builds and leverages business relationships to affect change and improve control landscape.
- Energy and drive - maintains high levels of self motivation. Accepts and tackles demanding goals, seeks opportunities to apply new skills/knowledge.
- Courage - stands up for what he or she believes in and has the confidence to speak up, exhibit confidence outside confines of structured meetings.
- Character - acts on feedback to improve performance, works through challenges to achieve success. Has confidence when dealing with uncertainty.
If you match these requirements, please apply in the normal way. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action that email and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960241361