Compliance & Risk Manager
The successful Financial Services- Compliance & Risk Manager will create a strategy for the implementation of robust compliance, risk management, internal control and governance frameworks and systems and controls across the business.To work closely with all of the business areas in the UK to identify, analyse, co-ordinate and implement any changes in response to additional legal or regulatory compliance requirements.
A financial services- Insurance Business based in Bristol
The successful financial services- Compliance & Risk Manager will be responsible for
- To create and agree operational and strategic plans covering Compliance and Risk with your Manager.
- To understand the range of products and services of the Company and its operations and related risks and be able to put in place plans to manage compliance and risk in relation to these products.
- To manage and develop the Compliance and Internal Control team and support the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Reviewing, updating, implementing compliance policies, procedures and manuals.
- Reviewing, updating and implementing the Compliance Monitoring Plan for the UK business.
- Review results from risk management processes for both internal and external regulations.
- Assessing and evaluating compliance with regulatory obligations in line with group policies.
- Identifying, analysing, co-ordinating and implementing regulatory changes across the business by assessing, developing, preparing and delivering compliance training sessions with particular focus on insurance and consumer credit regulation.
- To actively monitor regulatory developments, assess the potential impact on the business and deliver findings and recommendations.
- Daily monitoring of activity to identify possible compliance breaches, taking remedial action where necessary and assessing and reporting on implications to the business.
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiency on the Internal Controls including compliance with policies, procedures, legal and contractual requirements
The sucessful financial services- Compliance & Risk Manager will be
- Previous General Insurance knowledge within a Compliance and Risk role within the financial services industry.
- Previous automotive, travel and/or home insurance and consumer credit knowledge would be an advantage.
- Strong regulatory compliance, knowledge within financial services, legal or regulatory environment demonstrating solid understanding of the Regulators' Rules, Guidance and requirements, as well as relevant statutory requirements.
- Previous working knowledge of Internal control, investigation or audit knowledge gained within financial services, legal or a regulatory environment would be an advantage.
- Along with a strong technical knowledge and thorough knowledge and understanding of the Regulators' rules and regulations, and relevant statutory requirements, and the ability to extract and apply to the business, the relevant guidance and current regulatory issues
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Internal Auditing (PIIA/CMIIA) would be an advantage.
- Based in Bristol.
Competitive Package on offer
Based in Bristol
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80249522