We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Underwriter to support the Underwriting Team for one of our clients based in Leatherhead.
Our client are a Underwriting Managing General Agent (MGA) that work closely with leading insurers. They provide a network of partner Brokers with a comprehensive range of insurance policies targeted at three market sectors: charities and social enterprises, faith-based organisations and places of worship, and recruitment agencies. Our client are specialist insurance brokers founded in 2014 in order to fill a gap in the market for a new independent, client-centric and service-focused intermediary.
The role of Commercial Underwriter is a pivotal role providing the team with delivering relevant insurance products, underwriting systems and underwriting guidelines as agreed via management. Your commercial experience and knowledge will be demonstrated by your ability to implement best practice in client service, compliance processes and financial management. You will liaise with clients, brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required and have working knowledge of product offerings and cross selling opportunities.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Delivering appropriate management information as required
- Contributing to team activity in line with business plans and budgets
- Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA's in line with agreed underwriting guidelines and service levels
- Setting up the appropriate files and keeping up to date
- Reviewing completed presentations and providing feedback to clients and underwriters as necessary
- Completing check and rating sheets as required
- Reviewing all quotes and passing these to clients / brokers with appropriate commentary
- When orders are received, processing of orders including policy production and invoicing
- Answering phone calls and emails within agreed authority limits and service level requirements
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
To succeed in this role, your skills and experience will include:
- Proven experience within a Commercial environment
- Ability to manage own and others' time and workloads effectively and efficiently
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and external clients, brokers and insurers
- Demonstrable knowledge of all classes of business
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) at a senior level with clients and markets
- Ability to understand, develop, implement and report on agreed plans and budgets.
In return, our client offers an attractive reward package and typical benefits can include:
- Competitive basic salary
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
Our Client aims to be an equal opportunities employer and they would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80238306