Senior Engineer - Fluid Analysis/Dynamics
Senior Engineer - Fluid Analysis
An opportunity for a Senior Engineer / Fluid Analyst to join the Engineering team within my client working within their marine business unit in either Bristol or Leicester.
They are a FTSE 100 Defence and engineering global organisation, within this role you would be working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, they work with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
They design a wide range of equipment relating to discharge systems and ejection of bodies into fluid to meet the requirements for launch dynamics and/or trajectories. This frequently entails analysis of compressible and incompressible flow systems. The interactions with mechanical systems are also analysed.
Specific activities in the role include:
- Analytical assessment of performance of fluid dynamic systems.
- Determining the best methods for fluid system simulation
- Operating and developing designed bespoke simulation software
- Understanding and analysing transient analysis
- Validating systems and models using test data.
Although this role is within Marine applications from Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Chemical or other related industries would be welcomed.
Required Skills and Experience / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineer, or similar discipline
- Experience in an engineering environment, including analysis of fluid systems.
- A keen grasp of first principle fluid dynamics is essential.
- Experience in the applications listed below is desirable, however, the ability to pick up new applications is necessary:
- Ansys CFX
Bristol is a vibrant city in south west England with a wide range of attractions, landmarks, events and shopping. It has excellent transport links and is only 1.5 hours from London by train.
My client offers the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (for the majority of roles), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams.
This role is within the Marine Sector of a large FTSE100 organization. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80242792