An experienced Delivery Manager is required to work as part of a motivated team in the York area, to manage and execute work related to the delivery of all asset and estates for defence sites.
You will be working for a prestigious brand name that is responsible for key defence and service contracts across the whole of UK. You will receive a competitive starting salary, career progression and training opportunities.
The Delivery Manager will have Technical, People and Commercial Responsibilities for this site and will therefore have a technical knowledge in engineering disciplines in particular related to building services and infrastructure with a sound competency of Facilities Management. The role will involve in hands-on tasks as well as providing support to wider construction/engineering/maintenance teams..
Key duties as Delivery Manager will include:
- Ensure all new and refurbished assets have appropriate and accurate O&M manuals.
- Support the Site Delivery Manager in the compliant, effective and timely delivery of statutory, mandatory and reactive maintenance to all new and refurbished assets.
- Ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks
- Provide professional and technical support and advice where required to maintenance teams, defence infrastructure organisation and end users
- Periodically examine maintenance records to ensure that necessary work has been undertaken as required
- Keep and maintain records as required
- Contribute to the forecasting and planning to develop and maintain estate plans such as the Integrated Estate Management Plan (IEMP) or Integrated Rural Management Plan (IRMP)
- Acting as the point of contact and relationship between head of establishment, defence infrastructure organisation other services
To be successful in the role of Delivery Manager you will have the following Skills and Experience:
- Demonstratable experience in managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Mainenance or related field
- Have managed safe systems of work with extensive understanding of risk management
- Have significant practical experience in Pre-Planned maintenance systems
- Have a technical engineering awareness for decision making
- Experience of supervising site operations
- Experinece of operating in an MOD environment is preferable
You will be driven, inspiring and strive to set and maintain high standards in all areas of work. You will be pro-active, flexible and possess strong problem-solving skills.
Training and Qualifications required:
- HNC or equivalent, in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Management leve qualification in H&S and Environment (eg SMSTS)
Typical backgrounds can include; facilities management, service/contract delivery management or relevant experience in the RAF, Army or military services.
If you have all or most of the above then please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80250154