Principal CS&A Engineer
Principal CS&A Engineer
I am recruiting a Principal CS&A Engineer to work on various nuclear decommissioning and new build projects on behalf of a global market leading engineering company that undertakes critical engineering work worldwide.
You will be a lead member of a design team undertaking traditional/bespoke design of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects. The projects undertaken will principally be in relation to design of structures, associated with the nuclear waste management and the operation of mechanical handling equipment and associated electrical systems. Due to the nature of the projects, the role will include design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including earthquakes. You will develop your workload through being a key interface with internal engineering teams, developing relationships with key clients through existing framework contracts and by building your own team of like-minded Engineers.
Main purpose of role:
- Supervision of complete designs for structures of varying complexity, including design drawings, calculations and reports.
- Advise on sound engineering solutions for the design of various challenging projects, including structural dynamics and seismic design.
- Carry out reviews or specific checks on design team's progress and work tasks at critical stages.
- Establishing, leading and maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring that the overall design intent and integrity is maintained.
- Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support.
- Preparing quality plans for single and multi-discipline work packages.
- Supervising senior engineers / technicians specialists within same or multi-discipline teams.
- Maintain good communications with all personnel associated with any given project.
- Recruiting and building a team of Engineers.
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer or Engineering degree of similar relevance to the Civil / Structural engineering industry.
- Chartered Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE.
- An understanding of Nuclear Site Licence Conditions and their application in design.
- Knowledge of BIM (Build, Information, Modelling).
- Flexible and motivated attitude.
If you believe that you have the right skills and are motivated to progress your career with a global market leading engineering company, please contact Gemma Rogan on 0117 9309 739 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80245732