Want to feel fulfilled working for a unique and innovative charity? This charity specialises in uniting science and technology together to address the food shortage in poorer regions throughout the world. Our client provides advice, training, laboratories and equipment in order to support scientists to improve crop yield and quality. They are looking for a Book Keeper on a part time basis to provide support to the Accountant.
Company: who will I be working for?
A long-established charity, successfully changing the way crops are farmed and supporting farmers in developing countries.
Key Accountabilities for the Book Keeper:
- Processing payments and purchase invoices
- Processing all staff expenses and credit card payments
- Reconciliation of all bank statements
- Posting and project allocation of charity grants
- Reconciliation of balance sheets
- Running a small payroll
- Pension administration
- Management of inter-charity accounts
- Assist with all other ad hoc accounts administration
Key competencies for Book Keeper:
- VAT return experience beneficial
- Previous Accounts/Book keeping experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience of Exchequer software would be advantageous
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in Excel
Emotion: how will I feel working here?
Rewarded! As the Book Keeper, you will be joining a small dedicated team where you will play a pivotal role.
Opportunity: what's in it for me?
To be part of an aspiring and unique company doing amazing work. Currently 7 hours per week. Free onsite parking, holidays and a salary of £25,000 DOE pro-rata.