Job Title: Finance Analyst
Salary: £ 35,000 - £ 45,000 pro-rata
Hours: Suitable for Part-time (min 25 hours a week) or Full-time (40 hours a week)
Main site: Gants Hill, Essex
Job type: Permanent
A great opportunity has arisen for experienced Finance Analyst to join an expanding college with multiple locations in London.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consolidating and analysing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- previous data analysis experience working with large volumes of data
- the ability to support the development of projects across the business, particularly focusing around reporting, and business intelligence
- Follow up with students and funding bodies (Student Loans Company) in regards to outstanding fees
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Consolidate and analyse financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to Director of Finance and Operations based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analysing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
Person Specification - Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven working experience as a finance analyst, education sector beneficial but not essential.
- Advance level knowledge of MS Excel
- Proficient in MS Office and financial software applications - Sage and Quickbooks.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Finance Analyst role
- Must be Part qualified accountant ( ACA, ACCA, CIMA), preferably fully qualified.
- Working knowledge of forecasting tools
- Overall you will be able to demonstrate a track record of astute financial leadership, commercial decision making, effective team management and the ability to influence a range of stakeholders across all levels of an organisation
Benefits of the Role:
- A competitive salary negotiable dependent on experience.
- Full Induction Training
- Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
- Employee assistance programme
- Progression Opportunities
- Generous holiday scheme - 32 days
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme