Buyer / Procurement for an automotive manufacturer producing automotive parts -Based Birmingham, West Midlands
Permanent, full-time - automotive
Up to £36,000 per annum
Free Parking and excellent benefits
We are looking for an inspirational, self motivated and tenacious buyer/ procurement / purchaser, to manage the purchase of materials and goods for a tier one and tier two automotive business.
The Buyer will need to have an automotive background and worked within a business buying automotive materials / raw materials or fmcg.
You will hav dealt with buying raw materials within an automotive manufacturing component, or body shop paintshop business. The buyer role is reporting into the Purchasing Manager. The position is a group role, this means it can be based either in Birmingham or Oxfordshire, depending on the right candidate. This may suit a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Buyer, Purchaser, you will need to have worked within automotive manufacturing tier 1 or 2 supplier.
You will have a proven background in successfully achieving goals deadlines and targets.
The successful candidate will have strong procurement/ buying/ purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment, be able to manage the supplier base, work with these suppliers and look for cost development opportunities.
* liaise with other automotive manufacturing sites within the Group, focusing on the consumption of materials, stocks and purchase requirements of materials
* manage the information flow and reporting with the aim of providing effective and efficient procurement data and statistics
* Taking care of all administration and manage all data and prepare presentations
* Manage a predetermined budget and will be expected to deliver agreed cost reducing measures
* Keep in contact with the different stakeholders and supplier sites as required
Our client requires the successful candidate to have:
* Knowledge and experience in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing and recycling
* A relevant qualification / or qualified by experience
* Must have experience in negotiating supplier contracts
* Project management experience
* Experience of managing the logistics of purchasing and in handling the relevant legal and financial documentation
* Analytical skills, with a good insight into numbers and statistics
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and creative use of automated purchasing and reporting systems
This role is commutable from:
Birmingham, Warwick, Rubery, Solihull, Kings Norton, Redditch, Bourneville, Bournville, Kings Heath, Warwickshire, Stratford upon Avon, Knowle, Dorridge, Wythall, Redditch, Droitwich, Birmingham, Alvechurch, West Midlands, Coventry, Oxford, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Towcester, Rugby, Daventry, Worcester, Henley-In-Arden, Hampton In Arden, Gaydon, Ansty, Oxford, Birmingham, Southam, Dunchurch, Wythall, Northfield. Rubery, Bicester, Longbridge, Banbury, Kings Heath, Rubery, Northfield, Kings Norton, Chipping Warden, Bicester, Leamington Spa, Oxford Business Park North, Oxford Airport, Albury, Ascott, Banbury, Bicester, Oxford, Brackley, Towcester, Wroxton, Dunchurch, Coventry Walsgrave Triangle, Binley, Northampton, Ash Green, Oxford Business Park South, Wythall, Longbridge, Alvechurch, Knowle, Bentley Heath