Technical Applications Engineer
This role is for a Technical Applications Engineer for an innovative, well established manufacturing organisation with a presence both nationally and internationally. You will be responsible for working with both new and existing clients within the food production sector, ensuring that any requirements that fall outside of the standard range are defined thoroughly so that they can be interpreted accurately by the Production team. This is a full time, permanent position, office based but with the occasional requirement to visit clients off site.
Purpose of the role:
Our preference is to find technically qualified candidates who can apply their knowledge and experience to answer performance and specification related queries from clients as well as being able to translate client's requirements into implemented solutions.
Responsibilities for the Technical Applications Engineer
- Responding to clients' technical enquires
- Demonstrating clear understanding of the product's capabilities and performance
- Provide clear technical information to relevant internal parties
- Providing technical assistance to Production departments to meet order specification
- Complete project management of customer orders
- Generate all technical documentation for use within the business
- Communication client's expectations clearly
Key competencies for the Technical Applications Engineer
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Formal Engineering qualification
- Practical understanding of mechanical and electrical components/standards
- Problem solving approach
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to translate and relay technical information
- Previous experience in Technical sales or Customer Service
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Licence holder as this role with involve a level of travel
What's in it for you?
You will be intrinsic to the continued growth of this successful company and provide the vital link between the client and the production team. Your basic salary will be £30,000 - £35,000 DOE, pension and 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays). Hours of work are 8.45 a.m. - 4.45 p.m.