Assistant Management Accountant
Our client based on the outskirts of Didcot are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant. The role will involve preparing monthly management accounts; monitoring actual spend against defined cost centre budgets and reporting the variances and exceptions within a timeframe. The ability to prepare year end statutory reconciliations, corporation tax returns and liaise directly with the auditors is also essential.
- Accurately process financial information to deliver monthly management accounts with commentary and comparative against budget/prior year within the agreed timeframe
- Prepare all monthly journals, balance sheet reconciliations, prepayments, accruals, deferred income, deferred costs schedules.
- Maintain the fixed asset register including calculating monthly depreciation, record investment acquisitions and disposals.
- Prepare and submission of the quarterly VAT and national statistic reports.
- Manage daily cash flow and authorise all online banking transactions.
- Assist with annual finance statutory reports, annual adjustments and with any ad-hoc financial analysis as required by departmental managers in both setting and managing the budget.
- Prepare the year end reconciliations and corporation tax returns with supporting schedules and documentation. Liaise directly with the auditors.
- Deputise the Finance Manager.
- Supervise the assistant accountants' workload.
- Proactively develop and improve processes and procedures to deliver against objectives.
- Facilitate learning through gathering, documenting and transfer of knowledge throughout the team to ensure best practice is in place and agreed service level agreements are met.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA).
- Experience of preparing management accounts, have reviewed and analysed financial information and reported on results.
- Organised and methodical approach to recording keeping and reporting.
- Ability to work accurately to strict deadlines, multi-task, work well under pressure within a small team and promote excellent team spirit, whist managing own workload.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to interact/support other team members and the management team.
- Ability to recognise areas for improvements in current processess/systems and to suggest potential improvements.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS office. Advanced excel skills including pivot tables and Vlookups.
- Previous financial systems experience, specifically SAGE 200.