A permanent finance assistant job in Hove, paying 20-23k on a full time basis - FULL STUDY SUPPORT
Your new company
This exciting opportunity is with a forward thinking, progressive financial services institution based in Hove, with great transport links and a walk-able distance to the train station. This is a great chance for you to work for a leading business, specialising in lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and security trading. They are a FTSE250 company, employing over 3,000 people and the role will focus on the delivery of financial control surrounding all cash payments and receipts made by the business as part of its daily trading activities.
Your new role
Working within a team of 4, and reporting directly to the finance operations team leader, your main responsibilities will be:
- Reconciliation of GBP cashbooks to operating system and bank accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of control accounts including the identification and resolution of clearing items / reconciliation differences.
- Calculate monthly intermediary commission and calculate accrual required for the month end.
- Daily business funding, including maintenance and reconciliation of funding reports.
- Daily posting of debit / credit notes to the operating system.
- Manage, monitor and input all legal fee related income and expenditure.
- Maintenance of the sports and social accounts working with the Bank Financial Control team.
- Reconciliation and reporting of bank charges incurred.
- Ensuring individual and team monthly reporting requirements and deadlines are met accurately.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a strong focus on Excel.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines, especially during reporting periods.
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ideally, you will be studying towards AAT or hold an AAT.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, and the opportunity to work within a progressive and rewarding company, with a clear progression structure. As well as this, you will receive:
- Full study support for AAT / ACCA
- Option to buy more holiday.
- Life assurance.
- Additional annual Christmas shopping day.
- Private healthcare.
- Exclusive shopping discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80215755