Embedded Linux Engineer
I have just been instructed to recruit an Embedded Linux Engineer for a growing SME business near Brighton, developing some innovative signalling equipment. The company are looking to expand their embedded Linux capabilities on site, and they are looking to find someone junior to mid-level to assist with growing demand for their product range.
Role: Embedded Linux Engineer
Location: Near Brighton
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000
- You will be mainly working within a small team developing new features for the products, as well as assisting in the maintenance and support of current software.
- You are likely to be working on several projects at any one time, with lifetimes of a few days to a few months.
- You will be working on all aspects of a project, ranging from specifying requirements, through design and implementation, prior to independent testing and release.
- You will provide and maintain Linux Kernel support for their existing and future products
- Assist in developing a variety of ancillary embedded projects within the Production and Test Departments of the company.
- Team player with a pro-active and flexible approach to problem solving
- Experience in manually building software within a Linux environment
- Interfacing to Linux Kernel for Embedded Systems (Less important for junior candidates)
- Experience with ARM processors (experience with X86 microcontrollers highly desirable)
- Experience with debugging from the application level down to the hardware level
- Modern C language skills appropriate to Kernel development (C++ desirable)
- Experience in programming at least one scripting language: bash, Python, Lua
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, thriving electronics business who are developing equipment used to millions of people every day. You will be able to work well as part of a small team, and be able to confidently liaise with other teams and managers to ensure projects are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
As well as a competitive salary, the company also offer flexible working hours, health insurance and 22 days holiday.
If you would like to learn more about the role, and think you have the skill set required, please get in contact with me at Computer Futures on 0117 910 33 55.
I am also looking to grow my connections on LinkedIn, click the Link and connect today! http://www.linkedin.com/pub/laurence-bromley/30/770/218
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.