Multi-Skilled Engineer - Electrical bias
Our client, one of the UK’s largest food manufacturing producers is currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) to join their team based in Arbroath. The ideal candidate will be 17th edition qualified and have previous experience within a chilled food, factory environment. This is a permanent position and offers a competitive salary, plus an excellent benefits package.
As a time served multi-skilled engineer you will work on two shifts as required, providing breakdown and planned maintenance cover on a varied range of automated machinery.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Repair and maintain all equipment as assigned to you to the manufacturer’s standard as far as reasonably practicable
- Ensure that all breakdowns and repairs that are assigned to you or you attend, are left in a safe condition
- Carry out electrical testing or repair work as given to you and ensure all relevant documentation is complete
- Carry out any task given to you to the best of your ability and record all work either in a log book or computer
- Never interfere or remove any safety device without authorization of your manager and document any change.
- Work with the Chief Engineer and his Assistant in managing department safety standards and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain relevant systems of work and record keeping as required by statutory, customer and factory
- Time served electrician with City and Guilds 17th edition or NVQ.
- Minimum HND Level relevant engineering qualification
- Proven track record within food or similar FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Fault finding - Root cause analysis
- Good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination
- Food hygiene L3
- HACCP L2
- Allergen Management
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Environmental Awareness
- Work with minimum supervision
- Work individually and as part of a team
A full job description is provided on application.
If you are interested in the above position and have the relevant skill & experience, please simply click the APPLY button now.