Senior Network and Security Engineer
Title: Senior Network and Security Engineer
Location: South West England Region
Salary: up to 50K + Benefits
My client is seeking an experienced Network and Security Engineer that will be responsible for enabling secure IT infrastructure including but not limited to: network and server, telephony, network operating systems and applications.
- Manage security infrastructure against intrusions and threats in line security standards and best policies
- Support, administration and installations/upgrades of network hardware, software and firewall
- Troubleshooting network and firewall problems
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders of the business.
- Site kit installation that requires ladder access.
Skills & experience required
- Experience maintaining switches, networks and routers; C6500, Cisco Stack, Spanning tree protocols, VTP, C2900, Ether channels, Trunk, Single & multi-mode fibre.
- Network monitoring tools & packet capture utilising Solarwinds & Wireshark
- Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN), 5500 controller, Cisco Prime, Ekahau Site Survey
- Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE).
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Cisco ASA firewall hands-on skills and knowledge
- Cisco Intrusion detection & FirePower.
- Network design using MS Visio, Netviz and Netterrain.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA
- ITIL foundation
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and security skill set within an organisation that are looking to take secure networks to the next level within the business. The organisation pride themselves on being people centric and a true employer of choice therefore everyone has options for career enhancement and development.
The role will offer a genuine range of duties and the chance to be involved with cutting edge security projects and assignments.
CCNA, CCNP, Cyber Security, ITIL, Cisco, Infastructure, Security