1st Line Support Engineer (SOC)
We are seeking a First Line Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support for IT systems including firewalls, VPN and intrusion detection, as part of a managed services solution in a busy Technical Support environment.
This role would particularly suit a graduate looking to start a career in the IT Security industry but is open to anyone with an appropriate technical background in IT.
First Line Technical Support Engineer Requirements:
- Excellent networking knowledge
- Experience working in an IT Department providing customer support regardless of the technology is useful but especially within a networking or security role.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in a high pressure environment
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach to problem resolution, along with the determination and drive to see an issue through to completion
- IT related university degree or equivalent or industry recognised certification such as Cisco CCNA
- Any of the following experience:
- Checkpoint, Juniper or Cisco firewalls
- F5 load balancers (LTM)
- Websense Proxy or Bluecoat proxy
- Aruba wireless
First Line Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- First point of call for customers raising incidents
- Answering customer queries via telephone logging or updating tickets as quick as possible with as much accurate information
- Logging and assessing monitoring and threat event alerts
- Analysing and creating change specifications for simple change
- Implementing simple change
- Ensuring timely escalation to next level engineers
- Shadowing next level engineers
- Creating and updating process documentation
- Low level project work
If you are interested in this First Line Technical Support Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.