BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit Senior Mechanical Engineers to work for our client who specialise in moving specialist machinery. They work with many Blue chip and SME companies both nationally and internationally. The ideal candidate will be flexible and creative as you will need to demonstrate a high level of problem solving.
Job Type: Permanent
Hourly Rate: Excellent (DOE)
Hours: 40 – with regular overtime
Sector: Engineering / Manufacturing / Mechanical / Electrical / Assembly / Fitting / Machine Build
Due to continued growth our client looking for experienced Mechanical Engineers to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a solid all-round background in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering and be able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving
Responsible for leading a team of engineers (4/5 people) engaged in the decommissioning, installing, lifting, moving and packing of equipment and machinery, predominantly in the Hi-tech industry sector & in cleanroom environments.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
* Support, coach, train and develop the team
* Take direct responsibility for ensuring regular maintenance, inspection and repair of the company tools and equipment; ensuring the team are properly supplied with the tools required
* Taking a hands-on approach to supervise and assist in the completion of work using ground handling equipment, counter balance forklift and other suitable equipment ensuring a “safety first” approach is consistently maintained
* Assist and determine the proper method for each assigned project
* Assist with management and control of costs to improve profitability
* Complete site surveys in a detailed and consistent manner
* Fault finding.
* Problem solving.
* Mechanical Engineering background
* The ability to read technical instructions / drawings.
* Advanced mechanical engineering skills / knowledge.
* IT literate.
* Use of general hand tools - Powered hand tools.
* Knowledge of the mechanics and technicalities of machinery movement & logistics
* Flexible & adaptable approach to work with ability to cope with change
* Full, clean driving licence is preferred
* Basic knowledge of MS systems
* Proficient planning & organisation skills
* Supervisory experience
* Electronics background
* Familiarity with control systems
Special working conditions
You will be expected to work away from home including going abroad on a regular basis this will amount to up to 70% of the time. You will be generously compensated for this including all travel time, expenses (food) and other things. Although you will be away for this amount of time, my client is more than flexible and will try and support you with your personal life.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fitness and wellbeing – Including gym classes, Free FITBITs and company-based competitions
- Company profit bonuses
- 4x your annual salary for life insurance
- 7% paid into your pension by the company
Qualifications - Apprentice Trained / Time served
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency