Junior Application Engineer/Technician - Eurotherm - Worthing
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Lead Project Application Engineer.
To configure and deliver process control system solutions.This is a hands on technician role to deliver SCADA, processcontrol and electrical control systems.The scope includes all phases of project delivery including obtaining user requirements, documentation, configurations, testing, commissioning, training and fault finding.
· Liaise with senior engineers and customers to help define system requirements.
· Generate detailed system design of automation systems to include enclosures, networking, instrumentation and supervisory systems.
· Generate Functional and Test Specifications.
· Procure project equipment.
· Implement control and SCADA application software.
· Carry out system tests.
· Provide commissioning assistance.
· Provide technical and sales support.
· Interface with Technical Support and Field Service Engineers, reporting on follow-up of projects.
· Customer off-site visits for:
-System start-up and commissioning.
-Fault finding and repair
Knowledge & Skills;
- Strong business and technical mind-set.
- Proven interest in electrical systems, PC software installation and a scripting lanquage would be beneficial.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to converse with customers and colleagues from a variety of levels within their respective organisations.
- Responsible attitude and committed to producing a high standard of work.
- Optimistic, dynamic and highly motivated.
- Acts with integrity and honesty whilst respecting and promoting the image, vision and mission of Eurotherm.
- Must respect the confidentiality of the information managed.
- Good team player and communicator.
- Analyse issues.
- Establish plans.
- Display adaptability.
- Enhance company reputation by high quality, on-time and responsive delivery.
- Fully comply and participate in harmonised systems to globalise the Engineering Services standards.
- Fully and constructively participate in sharing best practise in process and technical areas.
- Ensure that all systems, methods and procedures, governance are fully supported and complied with
ONC Engineering minimum
· Prepared to travel widely and work unsociable hours if necessary.
· Demonstrate commitment to work and confidence that Eurotherm can become a leader in the Solutions market.
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please apply on line.