Fantastic opportunities for a qualified or part qualified SEN/ 1-1 Teaching Assistant to work with students with SEN within a mainstream School in Norris Green, Liverpool.
Various Teaching Assistant/ SEN positions available to start immediately to last the duration of the full academic year.
As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to promote the learning and personal development of the assigned pupil, to enable the pupil to make best use of the educational opportunities.
The assigned pupil will require a classroom Teaching Assistant/ SEN with the ability to maintain their focus on studies and help them to reach their full academic potential.
You will also be given the opportunity to take part in training activities offered by the school to further your knowledge and skills of working with a child with specific learning difficulties.
Teaching Assistant - Job Information
- Pay: £8.30- £9.30 per hour
- Hours: Part Time and Full Time Available
Teaching Assistant - Your responsibilities
- Aid the pupils learning in group and independent study
- Liaise with the teacher in order to adapt learning methods/approaches
- Provide regular updates/reports on pupils performance and behaviour
- To know and apply school policies on Child Protection, Health and Safety, Behaviour, Teaching and Learning, Equal Opportunities etc
- To provide individual support, as required, during examination sessions
- To accompany teacher and pupils on educational visits
Teaching Assistant - The successful candidate must have
- Relevant experience working with children - ideally as a Teaching Assistant/ SEN
- Working towards or to have the relevant Teaching Assistant, Childcare or Education Qualifications
- Experience working with special educational needs - SEN
- Ability to develop professional relationships with pupils and staff
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to deliver effective classroom management in line with the school behaviour policy
This could also be a suitable position for a candidate looking to gain classroom experience prior to starting a PGCE.
The successful applicant must be able to provide relevant references and a clear DBS check.