BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
We are looking to recruit a Full Time Cashier to join our busy team based in London Enfield.
To collect payments and issue relevant documentation to customers in the Counter area in accordance with the site operating procedures , so that customers are able to pay for vehicles and are issued with the required documentation for the vehicles they have purchased and so that the Company is able to administer the finances of vehicles sold.
Please see below for further details on this role:
- Ensure payments are collected from customers at the counter and that customers are issued with corresponding receipts, so that the Company can collect the money from private customers for the vehicles they have purchased and so that invoices can be accurately produced by the business administration office for trade customers.
- Check and bank all cash, cheques and electronic payments to ensure that vehicles sold are correctly paid for.
- Bag and seal cash for banking for secure collection.
- Deal with all petty cash ensuring that all cash is secure at the end of each day and that the petty cash balances when reconciled.
- Prepare floats for front counters.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Undertake cross-functional tasks within the business administration department as necessary to meet operational requirements.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
- Some Administration or Cash handlng experience is essential.
- Experience of handling more than one task at a time is essential
- Computer literate, word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail systems
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action to accomplish goals, managing time and resources effectively.
- Ability to multi task.