Portfolio Manager-B2B Events
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Director, the role involves the project management and production of a flagship telecoms portfolio of events (conferences, exhibitions and seminars) within one of the industry’s leading media events businesses.
This portfolio of events houses 5 of the division’s top 25 events. You are responsible for creating exceptional products and world class events that are at the heart of their industry, as well as the delivery of an exceptional audience both onsite at the events and subscribed to our client’s digital platforms.
The portfolio is the leader in the industry delivering products on a global platform with events based across the world. With the evolution of this portfolio’s markets, it is essential that the ideal candidate is hungry to drive new initiatives and changes.
Their conference business is going through a period of dynamic and exciting change as they transition from a traditional conference company to one that is leading the way in how they deliver events and information to their core markets. If you enjoy a traditional, old style conference company then this is really not the role for you.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for the following areas within their portfolio:
- Strategic planning
- Event creation
- Programme production
- Audience delivery
- Attendee experience
- Product development and evolution
The ideal candidate will have success at a product management level within the commercial conference world, with in-depth knowledge and experience of the business. Ideally they will have:
- experience of successfully producing large scale events and marketing collaboration within a fast paced commercial conference company
- be a 'product first’ person who understands what it takes to make exceptional events happen
- a good level of comfort with the digital world, from community and content marketing through to 'digital first’ events, and hungry to build this into their event offerings
- Direct Reports: 3
- Must have previous conference production experience
- Managed someone / previous team management
- Demonstrated managing a successful portfolio of events
- Commercially driven
- Energetic and driven - an entrepreneurial spirit
- Initiative: challenging existing events / coming up with new ideas for revenue streams / passionate about driving the portfolio forward
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.