Role: Account Director
Salary: £35-£45K, DOE
Our client is a full service marketing agency.
Role Purpose and Overview
The Account Director position is a senior client management position within the organisation, responsible for leading an Account Management team, accountable for client P&L, relationship building, marketing strategy across all channels, project development and management.
· Provide Strategic and Marketing Leadership Directly work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identifies/implements activity to help achieve client goals. Develop the importance of online marketing in the overall marketing mix. Create and interpret effective analysis to support marketing recommendations. Develop broad industry expertise.
- Build and Grow Client Relationships Understand clients’ business and generate new ideas to enhance client performance. Build trust, credibility and client referrals. Develop multi-tiered agency-client relationships and ties.
- Manage Relationship Performance and Expectations Achieve client targets/KPIs within the context of the opportunity. Maintain or improve account profitability. Work with business development team to develop new client sales proposals.
· Effectively Manage Client Accounts within the business Ensure the appropriate skills and resource are planned to deliver on the all accounts.
- Effectively Manage Team Manage a team of three to six marketing professionals. Identify resource requirements across all agency disciplines in order to meet Clients’ needs. Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment. Provide team leadership that reward productivity, achievement and creativity. Execute performance reviews and build development plans
- Manage Financial Performance Maintain or improve account profitability. Work with business development team to develop new client sales proposals. Report to the Senior Management Team and Board on client accounts and financial performance as and when required.
- Contribute to the Company’s goals Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
- Ensure compliance within account team, with all internal agency procedures, including invoicing, purchasing and job management.
- Financial Accountability
· Full responsibility for tracking client account profitability, including contribution, agency cost and external costs.
· Creation and planning of accurate forecasts for all accounts, based upon client budgets and planning processes.
· Ongoing management of planning and forecasting process, including regular reforecast, reporting of actual vs. planned performance, and identification of risks and any remedial actions where necessary.
· Ensure all work is accurately estimated, within agreed contractual or standard terms, and that all invoices are efficiently produced.
· Represent the agency on any financial negotiation with client, including setting of rates, establishment of retainers and dealing with non-payments.
· Ensure all projects run profitably in-line with forecasts and that in-costs are in-line with expectations.
· Consistent evaluation of client and team profitability.
The successful candidate:
- Ideally a relevant degree required.
- Approximately 5+ years of related industry experience, preferably brand or direct marketing experience at an advertising agency or client company, or product management at a client company
- Approximately 7+ years of business experience
- Proven experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organisation
- Strong knowledge or experience in Internet businesses, account management/coordination, buying, client/campaign strategy, and media planning.
Extensive experience and exposure across a range of industry sectors and marketing disciplines, together with comprehensive experience agency side. Specific skills required include:
· Educated to graduate level.
· Professional Marketing qualification (CIM or IDM).
· Minimum of 5 years industry experience or an equivalent marketing position within in business sector · Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service or equivalent within a business sector · Proven experience in managing and directing teams, working cross-functionally within an organisation
· Able to evidence the creation, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies and campaign planning.
· Experience in all key areas of marketing communications, including digital, advertising, direct mail, promotion and literature.
· Excellent project management skills plus an ability to multi-task proficiently.
· A mix of analytical and creative capabilities.
· Effective upward and downward delegation skills.
· High level of diplomacy and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both with clients and within the agency. · Strong interpersonal/communication skills · Full clean driving license
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.