Deputy Director - Charity Development & Fundraising
Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising)
A Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising) is needed to join one of the most-highly respected and long-established Insight Meditation retreat centres in the world. Based in the gentle hills and quiet woodlands of South Devon, the Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising) will join on a part time basis (24 hours per week), and can expect to play a vital role planning and implementing key development initiatives whilst building fundraising strategies, social impact and commitment to this influential charity.
Offering a year-round programme of retreats with meditation instruction and teachings drawn from a variety of Buddhist traditions, this Devon based charity provides an opportunity to develop serenity, wisdom and compassion through meditation and mindfulness practice in a supportive environment. They are now seeking a Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising) to work closely with the Director and Board of Trustees to spearhead the development of the charity as a hub of Insight Meditation.
Joining as the Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising) you will be a key member of the management team tasked with ensuring the developmental aims are achieved. Whether you are developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to secure funding for both operational and development work; providing leadership / management of the charity to achieve strategic priorities; inspiring and motivating staff and volunteers; ensuring inclusivity; delivering presentations to promote the charity; organising fundraising campaigns and events or overseeing the Communications Manager and Project Developer, it will be your excellent communication and analytical skills and knowledge of fundraising and development strategies that drives the charity forward.
It is essential that you have an understanding and appreciation of what the charity offers, you have participated in meditation retreats and that you are committed to a continuing meditation practice.
Qualifying candidates are likely to be a Deputy Director / Fundraising Director / Charity Strategy Manager / Charity Director / Commercial Director (Development & Fundraising) / Development Director or similar, we don't mind as long as your CV demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar role leading Development and Fundraising;
- Strong analytical skills, with a track record of accurate processing and reporting;
- Highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate communication between different stakeholder groups;
- Strong leadership skills with experience of recruiting, managing and motivating staff;
- Strong project management experience;
- Experience of developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies, with sound knowledge of best practice and regulatory frameworks;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
Following your initial application you will be sent an email with further application instructions.
This is a rare opportunity for more than just a job. As a Deputy Director (Development & Fundraising) you can bring your meditation practice to work and offer service as part of a wider community, where your creativity and insight will make a real difference to the success of this very special organisation. You will be supported with flexible working, 25 days holiday (pro-rated), free lunch, access to retreats plus much more.
Due to their rural location (approximately four miles from the town of Newton Abbot) you will need to have your own personal transport.
More searches like this
- Media & Advertising Sales £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Newton Abbot
- Charity Sales £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Newton Abbot
- Education Sales £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Newton Abbot
- Marketing & PR Sales £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Newton Abbot
- Public Sector Sales £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Newton Abbot