Our globally recognised client based in Aberdeen are recruiting for a Service Engineer to join their successful team on a permanent basis. The Service Engineer will be expected to provide a high level of service to customers for their supplied equipment. This includes installation,commissioning, maintenance, testing and repairs.
MUST HAVE an IT/Electronics background as this role is focused on PC (both hardware and software) and network communication, and offshore experience.
- Provide customer support with the helpdesk and fault finding; work is both in the office / workshop and at customers' sites
- Complete scheduled maintenance on systems in accordance with maintenance routines
- Join the on-call and standby Engineer rotas.
- Assists other team members in the identification of more complex problems and can apply diagnostic methods to identify causes and propose possible solutions.
- Manage records and arrange for the repair of customer returned items as directed
- Provide technical support and resolve faults on systems.
- Liaise with and provide technical support to other departments such as Projects, Production and Development.
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing complex electronic systems in an offshore or marine environment.
- Good understanding of IT, Networks and Software based solutions.
- Methodical approach to problems with good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Basic skills in wiring and mechanical fitting and use of both bench and hand portable test equipment.