Junior IT Support Engineer - Financial Services
Junior IT Support Engineer / Graduate / 1st Line Support Engineer / MCP
Junior IT Support Engineer with a degree or certification in IT, computer engineering or development language is needed by our client, a well-established and recognised financial services company, to be based in Birmingham.
They provide STP and outsourced data management solutions to optimise data flow efficiency for multiple pre- and post-trade use cases.
They are now on the lookout for a new member to join their support team.
About the Role
- Recording all relevant end user identification information (i.e. name, department, contact information & nature of issue)
- Providing 1st line customer support for incidents and requests, analysis and managements of customer queries for application implementations, networking & databases (onsite & remote)
- Assisting with the configuration and deployment of new customer requirements or with the implementation of new customer environments
- Applying diagnostic utilities and best practice methodology to aid in troubleshooting
- Updating technical support documentation
- Accessing software updates, drivers, knowledge bases & frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Providing internal hardware and software support
- Progressing into other areas of IT for development, customer software delivery, networking support and management, devops, server management & support
Training & opportunities for progression will be provided.
Training for ITIL and assistance in obtaining ITIL certification.
- Degree or certification in IT, computer engineering or development language
- Good understanding of IT and information systems
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent opportunities to learn new technologies and become part of a desirable sector.
Working Hours: Shifts patterns on a support rota, ranges from early morning (5am) to late night.
Weekend daytime shifts will take place every third weekend.
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
What's On Offer
Access to technologies and customer implementations within RegTech and FinTech sectors
If this role sounds of interest, click on the APPLY button now.