Marshall Aerospace is looking for a proactive, self-motivated accountant with a positive and "can-do" attitude to join its Central Finance Team.
The role will be responsible for the preparation of the management accounting and reporting activities. This will include monthly management accounts and related analysis and the preparation of group reporting for our parent company. These items will need to be delivered to a high standard of quality in defined deadlines.
As well as being responsible for the final management accounts, you will be responsible for supporting the rest of the team, including central team members and team members in the reporting business units, in finalising their results and preparing their information. You will need to be confident dealing with all stakeholders including senior management from the central team and the business units.
You'll be required to maintain and continually improve the processes in the team to ensure internal practices are operationally excellent. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring information is shared in a clear and effective manner. In doing this you'll directly support decision making processes through the provision of accurate and relevant financial data, whilst helping position the Finance team to best meet the evolving and growing needs of the business.
You will be responsible for the management and reporting of cash and the consolidation of the cash forecasting from the business units on a weekly basis. This will require you to understand the businesses cash position and liaise with a number of areas of the business to ensure accurate and timely forecasting.
You will have no direct reports but will be responsible for reviewing the work of other members of the team and assisting in the training of three other finance professionals.
You will be responsible for business partnering for functional areas and will therefore need to be able to communicate financial information with non-finance colleagues.
You will be comfortable taking responsibility for the preparation of internal financial reports, Board of Directors materials, monthly financial analysis materials, and provide ad hoc analysis, projects and process improvements for the organisation. You will also assist in the budget/forecasting cycle.
You will need to be a qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA, with good analysis and investigative skills.
What you will do:
- Execute month-end, interim and year-end close
- Monthly balance sheet review and challenge of balances and movements
- Continually develop processes and improvements and ensure adequate controls are in place
- Execute value-added analysis and provide support for special projects and initiatives
- Assist in developing finance presentations for Board meetings, all employee briefings etc, including related supporting materials
- Play a key part in ad-hoc projects that could include integration of businesses, new systems etc
Your experience will include:
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified
- Experience in a corporate accounting or finance role, preferable in a large company and complex environment
- Competency in financial analysis, advanced excel & report writing skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960179771