Policy Communications Manager
New opportunity not to be missed. NFER is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Policy Communications Manager to join the team based in Slough. Joining us on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £40,000 per annum; dependent on qualifications and experience.
NFER is an independent research organisation which undertakes projects in all sectors of education. We are committed to the continuing improvement of education and training for all learners and to providing support for policy makers and practitioners. We are seeking to appoint a Policy Communications Manager to work within the Sales, Marketing and Impact Department (SMI) reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new role within SMI identifying and providing support for education policy initiatives, focusing on the Foundation's key areas of expertise and with particular focus on generating content.
Key responsibilities of the Policy Communications Manager:
- Develop and deliver the organisation's public response and profile relating to education policy developments.
- Contribute to NFER's visibility and impact objectives through timely content creation for all communications channels.
- Providing timely and appropriate internal briefings to support key staff and SMT (Senior Management Team).
Policy Communications Manager person specification:
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of government policy
- Excellent communications skills and good collaborator
- Strong writing style. The ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences
- Confident using social media for business
- Ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly
- Excellent presentation skills, to small and large groups
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines should the business require it
NFER is a registered charity and an equal opportunity employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Benefits of working at the Foundation include 30 days paid leave per year over and above Bank Holidays and discretionary days, generous pension arrangements and good support for staff development. Our offices are located in lovely grounds a mile from the town centre; connections by road and rail are excellent.
Applicants for this post should note that it is exempt from the 'Rehabilitation of Offenders Act'; further details of NFER's Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checking procedure are in the attached Further Particulars for this post.
Closing date: Friday 9th March 2018
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as a Policy Communications Manager please click 'Apply' below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling.
The NFER is an equal opportunity employer, an Investor in People and a Registered Charity (No. 313392).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960178127