Blade Research Engineer
Blades is a critical role within the ORE Catapult focused to ensure cutting edge technology related knowledge. The Blade Research Engineer is responsible for ensuring the ORE Catapult will occupy a leading position among industry and R&D community in blade related research, technology and knowledge. They will lead the activities of multi- discipline teams in the area of blades, the teams being a mix of core team members and specialists working through a flexible matrix structure. Delivery will be achieved within ORE Catapult processes and procedures to which the Blade Research Engineer will ensure compliance throughout the concept, analysis and delivery phase of the projects and programmes. They will ensure the technical and scientific quality of the deliverables related to blades. This position will report to the Innovation and Research Director and will work in cooperation with the Strategy and Programme teams of the ORE Catapult.
The ORE Catapult's vision is to be a leading international institution in terms of innovative technology solutions in the Offshore Renewables Energy Sector. The Blade Research Engineer - Blades shall ensure that the business maintains its position as a focal point for the sector and develops a position as the 'go to' organisation for research, technical support and innovative collaboration.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline
* More than 10 years of experience in blade design
* Experience in the development of blade design tools
* Experience in the development of R&D programmes and projects
* Experience on technical product design and development in commercial and R&D spheres in compliance with relevant standards
* Experience in standards development
* Ability to lead multiple partners to drive successful project planning and control
* Experience in design assurance, design review, due diligence, feasibility studies and technical expert services for blades desirable
* Experience of negotiating and managing detailed commercial contracts.
* Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, Senior Management (internal & external).
* Influencing, negotiating, and communication skills.
* Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter p
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* PhD desirable
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80001442