Buyer, LEON Restaurants, Central London 40k
We opened Leon because we wanted to prove that it was possible to serve food that both tastes good and does you good. We want to make it easy for people to eat well on the high street. We want to do this in every major city in the world.
We are looking for a Buyer to join our fast expanding business. We have a fun and passionate team of people at our LEON support office in Borough and we need someone to source products at the best possible terms. The successful candidate will ideally be confident in both food and non-food product sourcing.
A bit about the Role:
- To support the menu development team to continue to source innovative, bespoke products in line with the food plan.
- To work to short lead times and manage an agile supply base to ensure menus are relevant and seasonal.
- To achieve best cost prices whilst not compromising quality.
- To source products that deliver GP expectations.
- Source in line with Leon sustainability principles/welfare standards and find ways to improve.
- Provide project support.
A bit about You.
- At least 3 years relevant purchasing experience within Food Service Sector, Retail or Wholesale.
- Knowledge of food and packaging purchasing essential
- Knowledge of centralized distribution systems
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Determination to achieve
- Excellent computer skills including database/Excel analysis skills
- Team player
- Presentation and good people skills