Group Financial Controller - Media Group - £60-70K
Number 2 role to Finance Director in growing media SME with current revenues of over £140m. Established SME with over 30 years in media sector, with brands in several sectors including Direct Marketing, Publishing and Digital Marketing.
Our client is looking for a technically strong, hands on, Group Finance Controller with previous management experience of management accounts team, preferably within an owner managed business.
- Manage a large finance team across management accounts, accounts payable and credit control.
- Oversight and production of monthly management accounts, working with FD to overhaul Monthly KPI pack as required.
- Production of Group Consolidation of over 20 companies and other KPI data required by bank for banking facilities.
- Manage day to day relationships with Bank, Auditors, Software providers.
- Banking, payment approval and oversight of all banking facilities. Manage cashflow forecasting with FD.
- Liase with Auditors around statutory audit and manage team through year end process.
- Preparation of all statutory accounts and filling to deadline, FRS 102 experience useful but not essential.
- Work with Credit Control to give better visibility of o/s debt and health of new partners, many of whom are start up in nature and non uk domiciled.
- Manage the payroll processes in the smaller business entities with casual staff.
- Oversight and payment of all Tax, Corporation Tax, VAT returns and Payroll taxes.
- Day to Day running of the finance departments, ensuring smooth running of payments and cash recovery.
- Maintaining appropriate review and controls around balance sheet e.g bank recs, balance sheets recs, bad debt.
- Adhoc analysis on behalf of FD, MD and functional heads.
- Manage the annual budgeting process.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA with extensive experience in managements accounts roles, you are likely to be financial controller or head of management accounts looking for the next step up.
- Sector agnostic, ideal candidate would thrive in a complex business operating in different markets and growing in new areas. Individual will be good at making relationships across the business and will enjoy training team.
- Strong system skills, with a bias to action in solving problems and modernising processes. Previous experience of CODA accounting software highly desirable