We are looking for a an experienced Revenue Accountant to join our Finance Department. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a large organisation.
As the Revenue Accountant, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely recognition of revenue for all IT billing streams that is directly aligned to customer placed orders. You will monitor, report and control costs booked to customer-backed project orders by working closely with managers at project level and those with responsibility for an overall portfolio.
You will monitor and control spend against orders to facilitate the calculation and subsequent posting of any accruals, prepayments and recharges necessary for accurate and timely recognition of costs and revenues.
Liaising with Project Managers and Project Support Officer's (PSO’s) in the business, you will produce monthly reports showing actual costs, forecast position and variances at portfolio level as well as consolidated versions that present the overall company position for all live project orders. These will need to be in a suitable format that allows both internal recipients and customers to make informed decisions about the future course of action.
As well as ‘business as usual’, you will have the opportunity to review and improve processes to create efficiencies and make use of system tools to implement improvements and work with development teams to resolve any SAP transactional issues.
Skills and experience
To be successful, you must have the following:
- Part Qualified or studying towards CIMA/ ACCA
- Effective management of time to ensure tasks are prioritised and completed on time
- Strong communication and networking skills; comfortable communicating at all levels of the business
- Good team player; be comfortable taking instruction from peers and where required share tasks to ensure team goals are met
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Experience dealing with large volumes of data
- Influencing skills; confidently convey arguments for system and/or process improvements to management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications with Advanced Excel Skills
- Knowledge and awareness of SAP or other large ERP systems
- Understanding of UK Accounting Principles
- Understand the principles of intercompany billing/accounting
Why work for us
With a salary up to £40,000, you will also be entitled to a bonus opportunity of up to 10%, private healthcare cover and 25 days annual leave and company pension scheme.
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
To see the fantastic range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit:
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
innogy SE is colourful, flexible, full of energy and creative ideas. We are located all across Europe and together with 40,000 colleagues in renewables, grid and retail we create a sustainable energy system for new generations to live in a world worth living in. We are offering existing and potential customers innovative and sustainable products and services which enable them to use energy more efficiently.