Apprentice - Business and Administration
Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
Apprentice – Business and Administration
12 month fixed term contract
12 Denmark Road, Manchester, M15 6GQ
Starting salary year 1: £7,644 per annum - subject to April pay review
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Including an occasional requirement to work weekends during busy periods)
Sanctuary Students manages accommodation for around 12,000 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to students across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with our training provider - Lifetime Training - we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. On this scheme, you will become a valued member of the property management team within Sanctuary Students, a leading nationwide student accommodation provider. Under the supervision of the Accommodation Manager, you will gain valuable experience allowing you a real insight into the systems and processes we use as well as developing essential office skills. At the same time, we will support your studies towards an NVQ / QCF Level 2 in Business and Administration which together with the practical experience you gain, will provide the perfect platform for an exciting career ahead.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- General administration – planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence
- Job shadowing
- Providing administration support to the property management team
- Dealing with customer queries by email, face to face and by telephone
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of MS packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- You will have a keen interest to learn how an organisation operates, great communication skills and plenty of initiative
- Commitment, determination and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- As a self motivated individual, we will expect you to work well by yourself as well as in a team environment
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 22 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.