Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires Designer (Detail) to develop any number of new model design projects to a schedule specified by a development summary agreed by the head of development, as well as any number of R&D projects to meet current market/development requirements.
- To work in conjunction with Senior/Lead Designers and External Naval Architect (BOL)
- To produce accurate Model & Drawing data so that internal & external supply chains can manufacture parts that will be fundamental to the assembly of craft and using the most cost effective and safe manner benefiting the production and assembly of parts
- Ensures all employees working within the Design function within development adhere to all health, safety, environment and security protocol
- Be an ambassador for the company and promote PYI as a market Leader at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Manage own workload on a daily basis, adhere to project deadlines set by senior designer and take ownership of information released to CAD and development supply chain.
- Own the design of each component or area delegated by the senior designer from start to finish. Completion of an individual project must be on time to the development summary and within a budget set by the development purchasing team.
- Develop 001/1000 drawing in accordance with a specification and options list generated by head of design.
- Create detailed 2D or 3D drawings of all interior/exterior parts to allow accurate 3D modelling by the CAD team. All detailed design drawings are to be released through the Team-Centre release process.
- Negotiate allocation of space between design/structures/engineering, hold meetings when required to agree a route forward when conflicts appear.
- Run mock-up buy-offs and drawing presentations at each phase of the design process to gain board level approval before handover to the CAD department.
- Supply information to enable creation of mock-ups and give support to mock-up team throughout build. Prepare mock-up buy-off drawing presentations at each phase of the design process to help the senior designer/head of design gain board level approval before handover to the CAD department. Attend mock-ups when requested.
- Supply sufficient information via completion and maintenance of a part tracker to production control to allow parts to be added to the BOM at the appropriate time. It is the designers’ responsibility to ensure all parts are added to the appropriate tracker, no part can be officially released without being recorded as part of this document.
- Supply sufficient information to the Development Purchasing department to allow parts to be purchased to the correct LTO. Supply schematic drawings to suppliers for further development or quotation when appropriate.
- It is the designers responsibility to approve all part information produced by the CAD team or external suppliers prior to production relative to the project thery are leading.
- Create design standards where appropriate to allow designers and CAD designers to replicate agreed principals/design methods on future projects in a reduced time frame
- Maintain and up issue drawings when required through the team-centre release process.
- Support the build crew with information flow and advice during manufacture and assembly of slot 1.
- Capture and record build/design issues during build of slot 1 using the problem and countermeasure document. The designer is responsibly for completion of all actions assigned to the department through this document.
- Approve marketing material and supply information when requested. Keep marketing updated with the latest general arrangement drawings.
- Provide updated list of changes to product specification and options list after each phase of the design process to senior designer/head of design for review with board directors.
- Acting as an Ambassador for the company, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote as a market leader.
- Adherence to the Devsumm
- Percieved quality and product success
- Design and develop new products to a design brief and product specification to budget
- Senior designers and core management levels
- Outside suppliers / Sister companies
- All companies’ employees
STRATEGIC INTERFACEPERSON SPECIFICATION
- Experience in the manufacture of Luxury marine products.
- Design qualifications
- A good understanding of design specific CAD software.