Account Executive - PR/Communications
We are the UK's leading independent CorporateCommunications and Public Affairs agency. With over 100 staff working out of three offices across the UK, we work with clients across the entire nation to give them a voice and convey their messages to politicians, the public, businesses, the media and other stakeholders. We are experts in what we do; we know what works and what doesn't - we aren't just experts in PR/Comms, we're experts in business. Commerciality is at the heart of what we do.
"You're only as good as the company you keep" - our client base shows the quality of our work and the effectiveness of our campaigns; prestigious clients such as NationalGrid, BBC, Kantar and Whitbread have worked with us for years and have led to us having a name for doing things well.
Culturally, the word which sums up our company is intelligent - we are a group of passionate, switched-on and motivated people who love what we do. We sit in the office discussing politics, not TOWIE. But we have fun, too - our office is never quiet and boring, and the drinks after work are always enjoyable.
We are looking to hire a graduate into an Account Executive position in our London office.
The Account Executive role is one that is only suitable for, and open to, the very highest calibre of graduates. We are experts in what we do and - since we are a very career-minded organisation - we only hire graduates who have the tenacity, curiosity, intellectualcapacity and drive to become experts, too.
There are certain requirements that we use to shortlist candidates for this role, including (but not limited to!):
- 2:1 or above from a Russell-group university, ideally in a politics/humanities-based subject.
- Exceptional written communication skills - a lot of what we do is writing-based, and so having flawless written English is essential.
- An interest in business, politics and publics affairs - we are not a Consumer PR agency, we work with corporations, and so an interest in business and the commercial world is important.
- Drive, motivation and passion.
- Career-mindedness - unlike many companies in our sector, we take on fresh graduates with no experience and invest massively in training. This makes us a career-focused organisation, who have many employees with 10/15+ years experience - we give people the opportunities to succeed long-term and progress right to the top.
There are also other things that we like, but don't require:
- Some commercial experience - whether that be in sales, on a graduate scheme in banking, or marketing.
- Some experience in communications/public affairs.
In terms of the role itself, this is very much a learning position. You will cover most of the sectors in which we work to gain as much experience and exposure as possible and carry out duties such as press release drafting, copywriting, public affairs and marketing strategy consulting.
We recognise that, in order to get the best graduates working for us, we have to offer more than just excellent progression, intellectually challenging work and an enjoyable environment. This is why we offer a basic starting salary of £22-25,000 p.a. (rising by £1,000 after 3 months in the role), with many opportunities for salary increases slightly further down the line. This is partly because we work in the corporate sector - so unlike, for example, consumer marketing, we pay very well long term.