Graduates seeking a career opportunity in Financial Services
Job Title: Graduates seeking a career opportunity in Financial Services
Location: Newport, just off the M4 so driving license is required
Purpose of the role:
Working within a fast-moving professional services environment as part of a medium sized finance team. The role will initially entail reviewing data within excel templates and communicating with clients by email and phone. Progression is actively encouraged and additional duties will comprise both technical processing and providing a helpline service.
Specific duties to include:
- Processing data through large excel spreadsheets
- Take responsibility for quality of own work and check others
- Liaise on a regular basis with clients and payroll departments
- Answer technical queries helpline through email and telephone
- Provide accurate data to be processed through client payrolls
- Learn and understand HMRC guidelines for business
- Undertake compliance checks and advise employees of inaccuracies providing guidance as appropriate
- Run, filter, sort and validate reports
- Work with Partners who are remote to the main office requiring taking careful instructions over the phone
The role could suit a recent Graduate with a Maths, Finance, Business Studies related degree. Someone seeking a career within a Financial Services environment but not wishing to become a trained Accountant or, someone seeking possibly their 2nd career move currently in a financial services environment such as pensions/payroll, IFA or claims. All on the job training will be given.
You will need to have a good level of Excel knowledge, a keen eye for detail, good telephone manner and excellent customer service skills. Confident to ask questions and challenge information.
Benefits include: Out of town office location with parking, easy access to M4 motorway, excellent team environment, regular social and team building events, opportunity for growth and career development. Opportunity for relevant graduates to gain experience within a Financial Services or Tax environment.