Family Solicitor, Birmingham - Are you ready for a challenging role within a fast-paced legal firm who has an outstanding reputation. If you are looking for a new role then do not miss out, act now.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Reward Recruitment is partnered with a leading law firm who are looking to expand there family law department Due to there high level of Asian client base, language skills such as Urdu/ Punjabi are ideal but not essential. The candidate needs to be fully confident with private child law matters including divorce, domestic violence and S8 applications as well as acrimonious financial disputes. Person must have a through practical experience of dealing with these areas due to our heavy and demanding client base. There is a strong emphasis on child care matters with divorce and finances and so the candidate must enjoy this type of work.
The right candidate
Good commercial acumen of business targets is required and must be able to bring in at least 10-12K a month. Excellent working environment with friendly team and family environment. Good shared support available but no exclusive legal secretary. The person needs to be able to work quickly as we receive 2-4 new cases daily and needs to be able to manage their own case load with minimum support.
Our client will be focusing on the following questions at interview to assess suitability.
- Case-load Can you kindly confirm what is your current total case-load and what does the case load consist ?
- Advocacy: how many times a week do you attend court and what cases do you cover ? What is your success rate ?
- Billing levels- Do you have a monthly target and do you know your billing figures for past 12 months?
- Private immigration clients: What are the main types of cases you have experience within family law department. Would you say you have Good client care skills and ability to convert private clients -any possible following
5. Experience of supervising other case-workers in current team
6. Size of your current team and your status within the team.