A top leading independent firm based in Colchester are looking to recruit a full time Accounts Executive, working as part of the Business Advisory team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a modern accountancy practice through the implementation of cloud accounting software.
- Preparation of financial accounts from incomplete records, including bank reconciliation, control account reconciliation, control account reconciliation, fixed asset accounting, calculation of debtors and creditors, nominal ledger accounting and preparation of trial balance etc.
- Preparation of management accounts and financial forecasts.
- To visit client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns and provide support to clients, who maintain their own records, using Xero and other accounting systems.
- Assistance in tax compliance work for clients, e.g. preparation of Tax Returns, VAT returns, Payrolls etc.
- Play an active part of the team receiving calls and e-mails from clients who need Xero assistance and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously.
- To assist other members of staff with Xero queries and manage the inbox as part of the SBLive team.
- To provide additional business services for clients under instruction from the case manager.
- Supervising trainee staff within the department, providing technical support where needed.
- Proactively promote SBLive to new and existing clients.
- Applicants must possess the AAT, ACCA or ACA qualification.
- The successful candidate will be expected to be able to analyse and interpret information and possess good communication skills.
- A professional manner and a good knowledge of Microsoft office packages is essential and experience of, or an interest in, cloud accounting practices would be advantageous.
- Experience of accounting issues affecting the agricultural sector, and knowledge of Caseware and Xero would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers for consideration.