Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter to work within a heavy plant setting based in Middlesbrough. This plant is experiencing new investment to the tune of £5 million and this is creating various funding for upgrading and developing the plant. The company is experiencing incredible growth and so this is an exciting time to join the organisation.
- Deliver planned and essential maintenance to conveyors, separators, seals, gaskets, vibration systems, magnets, rolling drums, bearings, belts and chains
- Maintain basic electrical motors and drive systems
- Deliver continuous improvements and suggest ways to develop the plant
- Deliver installation work
- Organise contractors and arrange/coordinate essential works
- Work with air driven systems
- Time Served
- Experience working with specialist machinery, including PLC's would be highly advantageous
- Must be flexible to carry out various duties and hold a highly practical nature to problem solve
- Experience with weigh systems, furnaces and dust extraction systems
- Ability to schedule maintenance tasks
- Strong ability to work with hydraulics and pneumatics
- The ability to repair mobile plant equipment
- To be able to competently fabricate and form structures
- Must be able to weld (Stick & MIG)
- It would be advantageous to have a basic practical skill set regarding electrics and electronics
- Candidate must be driven and ambitious, must be a self-starter with clear leadership and take pride in their work
- Strong awareness and practical knowledge of H&S
- A clear mentor who is able to deliver training
- Good time keeping and strong communication skills
This is a permanent position following a successful probation period. The company is able to provide flexible working and is more than willing to enable engineers to plan their own work schedule.
The position centres on a 50 hour week and the role pays £30,000 per annum. There is also a large degree of available overtime and this is paid additional to salary at a rate of time & ½.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Michael O'Neill for more information on this role, please contact or call .