Leading Structured Finance Solicitor - London - £80,000 (Top Tier Global Firm)
A top tier Global Law Firm is looking for a technical Finance Associate to join their multi-disciplinary team that fully understands Banking & Finance law.
This role is ideally suited to a 3 year + PQE lawyer, who is looking to progress quickly in their career. We will also consider candidates outside of this PQE range.
You will be joining an ambitious yet friendly team, who work with a wide variety of clients including high net worth individuals, private institutions, listed and multinational companies and blue-chip corporates.
The practice's client base spans many key industry sectors; Energy, Transport, Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Real Estate, Retail, Technology, Media, Entertainment and Sports, on a national, European and international basis.
The team are the most profitable department within the London practice and offer the opportunity for you to work on a variety of market leading UK and international projects. The team offer extensive training and support to enable you to develop a successful career.
- The role will cover all aspects of finance law advice on an international platform. This will include transactions, specifically leveraged finance, real estate finance, general corporate lending and global syndicated lending.
- You will maintain up to date industry knowledge and working knowledge/understanding of relevant areas of law and provide thought leadership externally.
- You will demonstrate pro-activity in proposing commercial solutions to clients and colleagues, acting as a business advisor.
- You will work on your own matters autonomously and work closely with Partners whilst developing your skills.
- You will develop and maintain good working relationships with clients up to the most senior levels.
- You will have responsibility for managing and supervising the more junior members of the team where relevant.
- You will contribute to the team's business development activities and proactively engage with clients in a social setting, as well as being able to demonstrate an awareness of the Firm's proactive areas and Business Development strategy, identifying and taking opportunities to cross sell.
- You will have trained with and gained considerable experience within a recognised legal firm and will have substantial experience of tax advisory work
- A strong legal background
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional drafting skills
- Exceptional legal research ability
- Proactive approach with a 'can do' attitude and genuine enthusiasm for Tax issues
- Excellent academic results, including at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent from a top University
- The ability to take responsibility to manage your own workload, with attention to detail
- Committed to developing your own career
- Excellent team and client management skills
- Entrepreneurial vision and a desire to get involved with business development
- A willingness to travel
Job Synonyms: Structured Finance Solicitor, Securitisation Solicitor, Corporate Finance Lawyer,