Daniel Owen are currently recruiting for a Construction Planner based in London. The candidate will need to be self sufficient but will have support and will cover projects predominantly in central London
This role would also suit an Assistant Planner looking for the next step in their career
Purpose of Job
To provide project planning support for the London Region. The primary purpose of the role is to provide planning support to a number of live projects of differing types, from new builds to refurbishment projects, in various sectors with values ranging from circ. £10-£30m.Although the primary role is contract planning the post holder may be required to assist with pre-construction and tender planning on occasions. The role will be site based with very occasional visits to our London Bridge & Surrey office for meetings etc.
- Support the Project Managers and delivery teams to ensure that projects are completed on-time.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient management of the programmes using baselines and critical path analysis.
- Control all time related aspects of the project including design deliverables, procurement, temporary and permanent works.
- Collation of progress information, progress monitoring and reporting.
- Develop 'look ahead', short term and trade programmes for agreement with the site teams and our supply chain
- Carry out re-programming, 'what if' and target programming exercises where required.
- Analyse and evaluate construction methods, techniques and logistics.
- Produce logistics, sequencing and phasing plans where these are required to support the project programmes and methodology
- Attend team and project meetings and advise on progress, risks and opportunities.
- Assess the effects of any client design changes against the programme and advise on any programme implications with regards to early warnings, delay notices and extensions of time.
- Record keeping including recording accurate as built programme information.
- Ensure all site programming and reporting is carried out in line with procedures.
- Holder of a relevant construction qualification (i.e. HNC/HND or Degree).
- Good communication skills and proven experience of working successfully within a team environment.
- Logical thinker with a methodical approach.
- Good organisational and housekeeping skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, with initiative and a can-do attitude.
- Good all round construction knowledge with an understanding of the sequencing of the building process.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning and managing/maintaining programmes.
- Proficient in the use of ASTA Powerproject and MS Office suite / General good IT skills.
- General understanding of the various procurement routes and the different types of standard building contracts.
Please apply via this advert or email your cv