IT Service Desk Analyst
My client is a large recruitment business based in Nottingham, currently recruiting for an IT Service Desk acts as a single point of contact for all IT queries, delivering high quality technical support to Staffline IT Customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- To act as the primary point of contact for IT Customers.
- To resolve incidents and fulfil service request in a timely and effective manner.
- To escalate to second and third line in a timely manner and only when required.
- To maintain a timely and complete record of activity on any incident or service request.
- To maintain a meaningful and timely dialogue with the customer on progress and plans.
- To work within defined processes for Incident Management and Request Fulfilment.
- Adhere to professional call handling techniques, i.e. always communicating with a customer in an efficient and professional manner.
- Adhere to Service Desk call logging processes - all tickets to be logged with sufficient customer and incident detail, all tickets to be updated regularly and managed professionally until resolved.
- Adhere to Staffline procedures, working practices and department specific processes.
- To access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- To perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, supporting and installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Identifying and creating appropriate knowledge articles relating to known fixes.
- Assist with developing self-help /frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Engage in and understand key ITIL processes including Incident Management and Request Fulfilment.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.