Python Developer, Cambridge
An experienced Python Developer is required to join an exciting young software house in Cambridge focused on the healthcare and life science markets.
The company have enjoyed record growth over the last 18 months, winning awards along the way, and seeing record demand for their products and services.
They are looking for developers who thrive when faced with new challenges and opportunities. You'll be creating or enriching a range of components for a semantic platform. Often working directly with our data-science team and customers to refine requirements and get real-time user feedback. They're not a software shop, but a team that engages in collaborative R&D with our customers to devise new solutions to problems they're facing.
The main duties of this role include:
- Developing new components for their semantic technology platform
- Developing rapid prototypes to test potential approaches in areas such as text mining, machine learning, graph technology, or others suited to your skill set
- Working with customers and partners to integrate multiple APIs in data workflows
- Testing and documenting the above
- Working to deliver exceptional customer support
- Experience of deployment of Python solutions in a production environment, packaged deployment and use of frameworks such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Familiarity with common forms of data such as XML and JSON and experience processing such data
- The ability to design and build unit-tested, modular code and deploy and run it on Linux servers locally or in the cloud
- Experience of designing or using RESTful web services and deployment of data across the network
- An appreciation of performance and memory management and multithreading; key bottlenecks, solutions and alternatives
- An outside interest in coding. Track record on GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogs or other personal projects would be very useful.
If you're an experienced Python Developer looking for an exciting new challenge within a dynamic and rewarding market leader, then apply today for immediate consideration.